Q: What is the Expansion gaps for LZL Floors:
A: Even though LZL Floors will have very minimal expansion and contraction it is still required to leave 1/4” expansion space at least around the perimeter as well as all fixed objects (tile, fireplace, cabinets).
• If the installation area exceeds 80 feet in either direction transition pieces are needed.
• To cover your expansion space, LZL Floors carries matching moldings that include reducers, t-moldings, baseboards, quarter rounds. Matching stair parts are also available; including stair nosing, treads and risers.
Q: Is LZL Floors suitable for Radiant heat system, how to prepare and install.
A: ● Room temperature and relative humidity must be consistent with year-round living conditions for at least 5 days prior to installation
● Radiant heat system must be turned on and in operation for at least 3 days before installation.
● The system must be turned down to 65°F and maintained 24 hours prior to installation.
● Once install is complete, turn system back on and slowly bring back up to normal operating temperature over a period 4-5 days.
● Floor should never be heated over 85°F. Consult with your radiant heating system manufacturer to successfully limit the maximum temperature.
● Relative Humidity must be maintained between 20-80%.
Q: Floor Care Maintenance:
A: Do not use anything abrasive or harsh chemicals to clean the floor.
Do not drag furniture across the floor, use felt pads on chair and furniture legs.
Limit direct sunlight on floor by using curtains and blinds in areas that are exposed to high UV rays.
Although the LZL Floors is waterproof, it is still a best practice to avoid excessive moisture on the floor. Therefore, we recommend soaking up spills immediately using a dry towel or dry mop.